Sunday, November 16, 2008

He did it!


Well with the new baby coming and all, we figured he had to learn to go to sleep on his own.. By himself, without us in the room, staying in his own bed. Up until now, we have been laying down with him (and I will admit 1/2 the time falling asleep with him!) until he was asleep, then we would sneak out. This sometimes took an hour. We figured it would be a huge battle as he is quite the cuddle bug. So today at naptime, I put him in bed, snuggled him all in and told him I would be back in a bit to check on him. He didn't get out of bed once! I heard him seeing his whole list of songs (Take me out to the ballgame, ABC's, Itsy Bitsy Spider were a few) and then it was quiet... Only 30 minutes and he was asleep! You may wonder why I am posting this... well, this is a big step for us! We are not "cry it out" people so I was worried that the transition would be a nightmare! Yes.. that's a binky in his mouth and that is our next step:)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Yay!!! Sleep woes are the worst. I'm so proud of him!! Love the pic.